Baoli Ghaus Ali Shah, Farrukhnagar

An old baoli or step-well was built by Ghaus Ali Shah, a local chief during the reign of Mughal emperor Farrukh Siyar. Built out of stone, lime plaster and bricks, this baoli wears some resemblance with the Turkish hammam. The water tank in the center is surrounded by a verandah with well-framed arches on all sides. There are also chambers for relaxation and recreation on the upper storeys.


Pinjore Gardens

It was created in the 17th century by architect Nawab Fidai Khan during the early reign of his foster brother Aurangzeb (r. 1658-1707). In recent times, it has been renamed as ‘Yadavindra Garden’ in the memory of Maharaja Yadavindra Singh of the former princely state of Patiala, as it was refurbished & restored to its former spledour since it had grown into a wild jungle after initially built due to long years of neglect. The garden has been laid in seven terraces with the main gate of the garden opening into the highest first terrace which has a palace built in Rajasthani–Mughal style.